Therapeutic Supervised Visitation
Child & Family Psychological Services provides theraputic intervention for families in which one or more children are having difficulty spending time with one parent. Our staff has over 17 years experience developing visitation treatment procedures for problematic parent/child relationships including cases of Parental Alienation. We are proud of our high success rate in improving parent-child interaction.
Our therapeutic services differ from that of other agencies in that we offer multiple levels of supervision and therapeutic intervention.
The visitation services include the following:
- Therapists with expertise in parent-child relationships and attachment
- Ongoing assessment and intensive treatment of parent-child interaction with reports to DSS or the Court
- Therapeutic visitation between a child and a parent with mental illness that affects child safety
- Reunification therapy for children who refuse contact with a parent
- Check out/check in assistance for families that can manage unsupervised visitation, but continue to need some problem solving assistance
Research-Informed Treatment Methods:
- Use of evidence based treatments for children and parents
- Use of psychological and experiential learning approaches
- Coordination of treatment with the Court, Forensic Evaluators and Parent Coordinators
Family Visitation Center
- Confortable family visit rooms
- Unobtrusive observation and assessment via one-way window.
Generally, treatment is arranged via court order.